Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Library Etiquette

  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Library Etiquette

    I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm a regular patron of my local library up here. This library, however, is like the local pub. People come in and talk loudly between themselves, will sit around and talk on cell phones, and bring in the most rowdy children you can imagine. I always thought the library as a place of peace and quiet....not here. As I speak, there's a lady two computers down from me talking on a cell phone in a very loud voice about family business. Save it for the home, lady!
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Library Etiquette

    Leave your Cell phone phone in the car if you go to the Library. I love Libraries.
    GO VOLS

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Library Etiquette

    My experiences at the Wise library have been pretty good, and that's probably because of how under-used it is...
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Library Etiquette

    People can't use it if they can't read....folks think the one in BSG is a "free video rental store"..lol
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #5
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Library Etiquette

    I had to use the BSG Library once a couple months ago because the one at the college was closed. I wont be going back anytime soon, kids just run around screaming with nothing said. Plus, I really don't have much respect for a library that doesn't have a copy of the Leviathan.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 1999
    Posts
    1,019
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Library Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by sup-rbeast View Post
    People can't use it if they can't read....folks think the one in BSG is a "free video rental store"..lol
    Same here in Clintwood I bet there is a 5-1 Video to book checkout ratio

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Library Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by Counts View Post
    Same here in Clintwood I bet there is a 5-1 Video to book checkout ratio
    Of course. Why read it when you can watch it?
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Library Etiquette

    PVFAN if go towards closing time its much easier.

    There is a horrible lack of selection, i cant tell you how many times ive went down there looking for a specific book only to not find it

  9. #9
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Library Etiquette

    I was told I could get a copy of the Leviathan in a week........ It's only one of the most important pieces of literature in the history of man. I'm probably selfish but I was doing research for a project and was limited to one hour on a computer while looking at Miley Cyrus gets the same amount of time. Granted, that should be allowed but you would think they would have laptops or something for checkout so you could go somewhere quiet in the library and do actual work.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Library Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    PVFAN if go towards closing time its much easier.

    There is a horrible lack of selection, i cant tell you how many times ive went down there looking for a specific book only to not find it
    You read???
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •